Few words only are necessary to introduce this Second Edition to our readers, beyond expressing a hope that the contents will meet with general approbation, and that much pleasure will be derived from its perusal, now and for many years to come. We would, ask, as a special favor, in order to ensure a wider circulation at home and. abroad that our friends will endorse the sentiments of the Press, by recommending this History of Yarmouth as "worthy of a place in every library." To Colonel, Duff, M.P., we tender our best thanks for his well-wishes, and courtesy in allowing the book to be dedicated to him; and also to Lord Suffield, K.C.B., for granting, subsequently, the same permission, as well as for becoming a subscriber; but in so doing we must not forget our obligation to a long list of other patrons, in-cluding the Mayor and Deputy-Mayor; Sir E. H. K. Lacon, Bart, M.P, J.J. Colman, Esq., M.P; the Vicar of Yarmouth; Rev. W. Lake Onslow (Chaplain to the Prince and Princess of Wales); and a large number of Clergy, Magistrates, Town Councillors, and leading families in the Borough, and Counties of Norfolk and Suffolk.
80, Crown Road, St. George's Park,
Great Yarmouth, March, 1877.
This document is part of Crisp's History Of Yarmouth and has been left in its original form. By Ron Taylor