Pudding Gate

Why it is so called is unknown. The name appears at an early period, but is sometimes spelt "Poding." The open space to the north, within the wall and adjoining the precincts of the Priory, was called Pudding Yard. (P. viii p.26).

Pudding_Gate2
Engraving by Mrs Bowyer Vaux

(taken just before the gate was taken down 1837.).

C3
Goto Menu

 

East Anglia Net Ink editor@ean.co.uk

Best viewed with

IE

Copyright © East Anglia Network Ltd, 1998