Theatre Gate

In 1749 John Wallis, a common councilman, had liberty to use the tower at Theatre Gate as a chaise house. On the Denes, opposite the above-mentioned gate, in 1550, and again in 1579, booths were erected in the herring season for the convenience and. safety of' the fishermen, the plague then raging in the town. (Swinden, p. 442.)

Goto Menu


East Anglia Net Ink

Best viewed with


Copyright © East Anglia Network Ltd, 1998